Many people don’t realize that numerous long-term health complications are caused by hormone imbalance. In addition to causing serious, life-long health problems, hormone imbalance is also responsible for a variety of symptoms that may not relate to a particular disease. Skin conditions, weight gain, mood disorders, and sexual dysfunction are all good examples of this.
The Healthcare Option You Didn’t Know You Had
When hormones work as they should, most people don’t think twice about them. This changes quickly when the symptoms of hormone imbalance or a disease caused by it take over your life. If you suffer from a chronic condition and feel frustrated at the lack of help you receive from your own doctor, consider looking into holistic or complementary treatment methods such as Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
What conditions can be treated with bioidentical hormones?
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Issues such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect your overall health and wellness. Every cell in your body depends on thyroid hormones. When your thyroid is not performing well, it can wreak havoc on your body. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore proper thyroid hormone balance.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
These are just some of the health conditions that could benefit from bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is the treatment of choice for numerous men and women. They appreciate that it uses natural ingredients for hormone balancing rather than artificially created ones. The replacement hormones you receive during this treatment come from yam and soybean plants with a cellular structure that is identical to your own.
The lack of harsh chemicals means your body absorbs the BHRT compound faster, which in turn allows you to keep your symptoms under control. Additionally, a local doctor and pharmacist work together to create a customized form of BHRT based on your symptoms and the specific hormones that are out of balance.
Locate Phoenix Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctors Near You!
Vitality Bioidentical Hormones
8415 North Pima Road, Building E
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Chavez Medical Group
5930 E. Pima St, Suite 124
Tucson, Arizona 85712